In response to the U.S. Department of Education notice: Negotiated Rulemaking Committee: Public Hearings, CSJ, ALGBTIC, and AMCD make the following statement and call to action:
Statement of Solidarity
As our presidential year begins in 2018, we wanted to share with you a collective commitment to multiculturalism, diversity, advocacy, and social justice.
Beginning about 19 months ago, we began having conversations about how our divisions can join forces and collaborate to serve our members and promote the mission of our divisions and ACA. From these conversations, this inter-divisional presidential statement emerged.
We are dedicated to:
1. Joint webinars, once a quarter.
2. Joint advocacy statements.
3. Continued support for the task force addressing the “elephant in the room.”
4. Joint service days at ACA conferences and expositions.
5. Continued, collaborative and advanced support across divisions.
6. Strong presence in the field and the governing council as a whole to promote mutual
7. Promoting and implementing our divisions’ endorsed competencies through clinical
professional practice and research.
It is our hope and presidential goals to promote unified support to our membership and clients who are experiencing oppression and marginalization related to political, social, and professional issues.
In our current divisive political and social climate, unity, respect and collaboration is needed now more than ever. As your president for 2018-2019, we provide this statement as our pledge to you that we will serve and lead in an equitable, inclusive, and competent manner that is grounded in the mission of each of our divisions and ACA.
Download the Official Statement
CSJ is a Division of the American Counseling Association
Follow us on Facebook of Twitter and never miss the latest CSJ newsletters, updates, and events!